Since 1992, Freedom House has provided support and services to 897 families and 1800 children; and increased its outreach from 30 families per year to nearly 100 annually. In 2009, we served 85 families, including 207 children. We also started our Aftercare Program which served 24 “graduate” families, including 62 children.
- 70% of the adults in our families served are female, 30% male
- 77% families with female heads of households/single Moms;
- 16% families have two heads of household (Mom & Dad)
- 5% male heads of households/single Dads
- Ethnicity of participants are: 40% Caucasian; 30% African American; 15% Hispanic/Latino; 15% Other
- Of Freedom House program participants, 60-70% move into permanent housing, 20% move into transitional housing and 10% exit the program before graduation.
- The average family at Freedom House moves from homelessness to permanent housing within 8-12 weeks with only a 5% recidivism rate. Most transitional programs last up to 2 years and don’t come close to comparing with our 95% success rate.